Weehawken Creative Arts is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with classrooms in Ouray and Ridgway. Our mission "provide high quality arts education and personal growth opportunities to adults and children year-round."
Weehawken has three rented facilities where many programs take place:
- Weehawken Ouray: 1900 Main Street (the old Biota Building - South entrance).
- Weehawken Ridgway (and office): 1075 Sherman Street, Ste 201 (the old schoolhouse building)
- Weehawken's All Fired Up Clay Center in Ridgway at 167 N. Cora Street (upstairs).
- In addition, Weehawken offers workshops and classes in additional facilities and outdoors whenever necessary.
- Weehawken's Office Hours are split between Weehawken Creative Arts and the Sherbino Theater (604 Clinton Street) in Ridgway. Staff may be found at either or both lcoations on any given weekday.
For over a decade, Weehawken Creative Arts has been transforming the lives of children and adults in Ouray County and beyond through our dance program, art education offerings and beloved community events. At our Arts Centers in Ouray and Ridgway, our extraordinary instructors offer high-quality classes and workshops for adults and kids year-round, in just about everything you can imagine – from fine arts and photography to creative writing to movement arts like fencing, karate and a full dance program. Twenty five percent of our youth participants request scholarships or assistance and we aim to never turn a student away.
The Weehawken Children’s Garden (adjacent to our center in Ouray) is well worth a visit, offering an enchanting play-land for pint-sized Weehawken participants. And at our All Fired UP Clay Center in Ridgway, budding ceramicists of all ages are learning just how fun it is to take a glob of clay and transform it into something beautiful and functional.