Weehawken Creative Arts is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with classrooms in Ouray and Ridgway. Our mission "provide high quality arts education and personal growth programs within our community year-round."
Weehawken has three rented facilities where many programs take place:
- Weehawken Ouray: 735 Main Street (next to Wildflower Boutique. Note: this is a classroom only. Administrators are generally located in Ridgway.)
- Weehawken Ridgway (and office): 1075 Sherman Street, Ste 201 (the old schoolhouse building)
- Weehawken's Soulshine Artists Collective in Ridgway at 167 N. Cora Street (upstairs - shared artist studio space).
- In addition, Weehawken offers workshops and classes in additional facilities and outdoors whenever necessary.
- Weehawken's Office Hours are varied as the staff is split between multiple communities and organizations. Best practice is to call us first to make sure we are in the office: 970.318.0150.
- Weehawken Children's Garden in Ouray: our children's garden is adjacent to a building commonly referred to by locals as "The Biota Building." The address in google maps is: 14815 US 550, Ridgway, CO 81432. It is just outside of town on your way towards Ridgway on your left, just before you hit Rotary Park, 2 minutes from the Ouray Visitor's Center.
For over a decade, Weehawken Creative Arts has been transforming the lives of children and adults in Ouray County and beyond through our dance program, art education offerings and beloved community events. At our Arts Centers in Ouray and Ridgway, our extraordinary instructors offer high-quality classes and workshops for adults and kids year-round, in just about everything you can imagine – from fine arts and photography to creative writing to movement arts like fencing, karate and a full dance program.
The Weehawken Children’s Garden (2 minutes by car from the Ouray Visitor's Center) is well worth a visit, offering an enchanting play-land for pint-sized Weehawken participants.